just before RIt is a game rack Taking a long break (we’ll be back on 12th July!) Glad to be able to highlight some board games And the creators who have worked so hard over the past months to bring us some great pieces. We have a separate studio Possible worlds games Plus a little new direction for Shelf, a text-based game book currently on crowdfunding.
Content Creator: Tyler Cromren
Also known as the founder and publisher of Possible Worlds games, Tyler Crumrine has produced some pretty impressive work since he founded the studio in the wake of his success in the 2020 RPG Success Map/Label Beak, feathers and bones. After the success of crowdfunding Possible RPG Worlds Series in 2021 (delivered this year!), and returned to create a mutual grant program for artists Beak, feathers and bones And create an incredible new extension. Atlas claw is expansion for Beak, feathers and bonesIncludes 10 new maps and alternate game rules. You’ve already hit your crowdfunding goal, and the campaign will run until July 1.
From the original game page, “Inspired by mapping games like Avery Alder’s quiet year and RPG systems that focus on archetypes such as Meguey & Vincent Baker Powered by ApocalypseAnd the Beak, feathers and bones is a game of elaborate length including play rules, 11 community turns illustrated by Austin Breed, a map by Jonathan Yee, optional lore and GM’s Tips for Running Games in a City Fully Inhabited by Ravenfolk”.
New releases: absurdityAnd the In God’s green landAnd the Doomsday 10XX
“absurdity is a silly modern fantasy game all about the empty fun and simple horror of everyday life. You play as the residents of a surreal suburban town plagued by chaos and entropy, where the otherworld is both ordinary and terrifying. It is inspired by absurd humor, surreal horror, and literary nonsense like Welcome to Night ValeAnd the Alice in WonderlandAnd the Gravity Falls. “
in God’s green landa level 1 dungeon for Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition“A farmer is lost in the forest. Paths lead to a small hill from which a stone-brick entrance emerges. The bricks are old and covered with moss. What grows deep in the earth?”
10XX It is a game about resisting the Norman invasion of England. You England are marginalized – poor, ostracized and neglected – trying to protect your neighbours, and screaming wildly before your inevitable death. (available in modern or old english)
crowdfunding: 50 years of text games, the last adventure
“in [50 Years of Text Games] you will find 50 In-depth chapters covering 50 Games: One released every year since 1971—when a Minnesota teacher sent a remote species into his class to start a game called Oregon Trail—Up to 2020 and the latest in AI storytellers. Refined and improved from the acclaimed blog series, each featured game gets a rich and in-depth analysis of how it works, what it’s about, why it’s special, and its enduring legacy.”
“in The last adventureYou are a warrior, hero and slayer of monsters. Now you come and die, but on the shore of death neither family nor old heroes welcome you… The last adventure Zenz is a tabletop role-playing adventure game. The First Zen Is You: A warrior now dead, still looking for adventure. The second zine is land of death: the places and landscapes of the Land of Death, and the people and monsters you’ll encounter there.” (From one of the co-creators of apocalypse world powered by Apocalypse.)
in other news
- Free periodic publication Has summer sale, including games like ALIEN The Roleplaying Game, Vaesen – Roleplaying in the North, Tales from the Ring, Forbidden Lands, Simbarum, Coriolis – Third Horizon And the mutant: year zero.
- Bakirket It dropped plans for its new crowdfunding platform and initial commitments include Monte Cook Games, Story Engine, Exalted Funeral, Restoration Games and And unstable games among other things.
- The Queer Games Pack Available for another week on itch.io.
- B. Dave Walters ran A D & D A session for some members Weird things The cast said in an exclusive io9 comment via email, “Weird things It holds a special place in my heart, as this was the world I grew up in. Their story is mine (maybe with a little more monsters). It was one of the highest points of my career…and the ending is one of the most honored things I have ever seen! ”
- Artana Games’ latest educational board game, First on the trip He is currently crowdfunding.
- Don’t look too closely at your neighbors… rear window Board game now available.
- Ticket to Ride: San Francisco Available now exclusively at Target.
- members Dungeons & Dragons Society has brought charges against famous players Satine Phoenix and Jamison Stone accused of abuse and abuse (CBRAnd the Character Book).
Want more io9 news? Check out when to expect the latest marvel And the star Wars Releases, what’s next for DC Universe on Film and TVAnd everything you want to know about him Dragon House And the The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power.