1. Is it too late to say sorry? (Justin Bieber’s Bad Song #1)
Here’s what the pop star would say to the Bellepers if he had to cancel a concert scheduled at Madison Square Garden on Tuesday, June 14.
If the Lightning-Rangers Eastern Conference final goes seven games, Game 7 is scheduled to be played on Tuesday, June 14 at Madison Square Garden.
This isn’t the first time we’ve seen a potential conflict at a musical sporting event. Back in 2015, the Astros and Taylor Swift were set up for a potential scheduling issue, but the Astros showed good intentions (Bieber’s song #2) and took care of the issue months ago:
The problem with double booking Bieber-Rangers is that the Bieber concert gets moved on too short notice or the Eastern Conference final may be delayed. Game 7 cannot be transferred between the Lightning and Rangers until Monday, June 13 because the Biebs doesn’t just play in MSG One Time. (Bieber’s Bad Song #3) He also has a 13th day show at MSG.
A source told me on Tuesday that if there really was a conflict, the Bieber show would be pushed back to Wednesday, June 15, which will leave some Bieber fans asking, “What do you mean?” (Bad Pepper #4)
This means the NHL and Rangers will feel the Beliebers’ wrath, and that won’t be fun.
However, Bieber fans should be glad that the concert will only be postponed and not canceled because then they would be really lucky.
Here are some of the other responses I’ve received in the past 24 hours since I tweeted about this news:
You can see more responses in this tweet:
2. ABC garnered less than 12 million viewers for Game 1 and Game 2 of the NBA Finals between the Celtics and Warriors. That’s not cool considering you have a storied franchise in Boston and absolutely awesome at Steve Curry competing head-to-head.
Go to follow
3. Mets announcers Gary Cohen and Keith Hernandez spent a lot of time last night talking about stroking.
4. I’ve always tried not to rely on the ease of going bashing some irrational list or categorization in Traina ideas. I waive that rule today to point out that this is one of the worst lists I’ve ever seen. Cliff Kingsbury, who did nothing, at four? Mike McCarthy, who beats clockwork at age 10, but not Mike Tomlin? And the cherry on top of the sundae, isn’t Sean McVeigh coming from the Super Bowl?!? If you are going to make a list, try to get it some credibility.
5. The New York PostAndrew Marchand reports that longtime Yankees voter John Sterling will cut back on his schedule in the second half of the season and miss about 25-30 road games. If you’ve followed me for a while, you know there are few people I enjoy more in the world of sports broadcasting than the guy known as Pa Pinstripe (who once appeared in SI Media Podcast), so this bothered me. But Sterling, who will turn 84 on July 4, so this was inevitable. If you are a fan of Stirling, enjoy it now as much as you can.
6. Last SI Media Podcast Features a conversation with the athleteRichard Deitch, media journalist and former writer at SI.
Among the topics covered: why hitting Bill Simmons has become a thing; Are Greg Olsen, Tom Brady and Fox Sports Status ‘Weird’? What’s all about the Brady – Fox Sports deal; Manningcast Replicas. NESN offers its own streaming service for $29.99 per month; and Michelle Honorary NBC Sports.
We also talked about Deitsch’s decision to stop tweeting on February 20th and when he will return to the social media service.
After Deitsch is the weekly “Traina of Ideas” segment with Sal Licata of WFAN Radio and SNY TV in New York. Jimmy and Sal break down the surreal controversy over fantasy football Tommy Pham-Joc Pederson-Mike Trout, sharing their thoughts on Derek Jeter joining Twitter and answering listener emails.
You can listen to the podcast below or download it to Apple, Spotify, and Google.
7. Today’s Random Video: Today, June 7, will be the 64th birthday of Prince, who still had the best Super Bowl halftime showing ever.
Be sure to Follow up on previous releases of Traina Thinkts and check out Sports Illustrated Media Podcast Hosted by Jimmy Traina on appleAnd the spotify or The Google. You can also follow Jimmy on TwitterAnd the Instagram And the tik tok.